Tartu International Residency Program in Spring 2023 (Estonia)
Tartu UNESCO City of Literature has launched the Call for the International Residency Program in Spring 2023. The residency program aims to increase international exchange and communication, contribute to the mobility of writers and translators, offer a creative and inspiring environment, and provide writers an opportunity to introduce their work to the Estonian readers.
This residency period is 2 months – April-May 2023. One applicant will be selected.
The deadline for applications is February 15th. The results will be announced by March 2nd the latest.
The programme is open to all writers and translators (translating from Estonian to other languages) from across the world, who meet the criteria described below:
- Upper intermediate level of spoken English or Estonian.
- At least one published book (fiction or non-fiction), screenplay, theatre script or translation from Estonian into another language by the applicant.
Interest in Estonian culture and literature.
- Readiness to participate in the local literary life, including events, meetings, interviews, festivals.
- Literary work during the residency.
- The candidate cannot be residing in Estonia while applying for the residency.
- 2-month stay at a small apartment in Supilinn (Soup Town), an old wooden house district close to the city centre.
- A scholarship of 600 euros per month.
- Compensation of travel costs to and from Tartu up to 350 euros.
- An opportunity to get engaged in the cultural scene of Tartu and to perform at different events, including Tartu International Literary Festival Prima Vista taking place May 8th-13th 2023.
- A contact person who is responsible for making arrangements for performances, meetings and tours and helps to engage in the local literary life.
Required documents to be sent to the address email@example.com (please use “Tartu residency spring 2023 application” as the subject line): the application form and a fragment (up to 5 pages) of a published text (in Estonian or English) or a fragment of a published translation (from Estonian into another language).
More information: https://tartu.kirjandus.ee/en/residency-spring-2023