Open call for the 2023 International Residency Program – Krakow (Poland)
Krakow UNESCO City of Literature announces its 2023 International Residency Program for writers and translators. The Residency Program is realized by the Kraków Festival Office, operator of the Kraków UNESCO City of Literature program in partnership with the Villa Decius Institute for Culture.
The period of residency being offered is from 1st July to 31st August.
The deadline for application submission is the 23rd of April.
Residents will stay at the Villa Decius, the official partner of the project with years of experience running international residencies, including the Visegrad Literary Residency and the ICORN residency program.
Besides stipend (2500 PLN gross/month) we cover transportation costs to and from Krakow. The Krakow Festival Office will guarantee residents the opportunity to participate in the literary life of the city and help to develop opportunities for them to promote their works in Poland.
What they expect:
- Connection with any UNESCO City of Literature outside of Poland.
- At least one published book (fiction or non-fiction), a poetry collection, screenplay or theatre script by the applicant.
- Work on a literary project during the residency.
- Upper-intermediate level of spoken English.
- Interest in the Central European region.
- Readiness to participate in the literary life of Krakow, including events, meetings promotional interviews and engagements,and festivals, where applicable.
- Residents will be asked to write a text (work of fiction or non-fiction) that will feature the City of Krakow (min. 6 000 to max. 11 000 characters with spaces) in some fashion and will be used in the future, published collection for promotional purposes.
Required documents listed below should be sent to: email@example.com
- Application form
- Extract from a published text (in Polish or English), no more than 2 pages in length
- Optional: recommendation letter, letter of motivation
In case of inquiries, please contact Elżbieta Foltyniak, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information: https://literaryresidenciespoland.pl/en/aktualnosci/open-call-for-the-international-residency-program-for-writers-and-translators-2/