International Residency Program for writers and translators in Kraków 2022
Kraków UNESCO City of Literature announces the 2022 call for applications for the International Residency Program for writers and translators.
Modeled on the experience of the Prague Residency Programme, Krakow UNESCO City of Literature launched its own Writers’ Residency Program in 2017, focusing on young and emerging authors.
The Residency Program is realized by Kraków Festival Office, operator of the Kraków UNESCO City of Literature program in partnership with Villa Decius Institute for Culture.
The call for applications for 2022 is now open. Deadline for application submission is 4th of April.
The Program is dedicated to all emerging writers, and poets having at least one published book working currently on a writing project and willing to learn more about the Polish literary community.
In 2022 the Residency Program in Krakow will offer writers a two-month stay in the following period of the year: 1st June – 31st August.
Besides stipend we cover transportation costs to and from Krakow. The Krakow Festival Office will guarantee residents the opportunity to participate in the literary life of the city and help to develop opportunities for them to promote their works in Poland.
Required documents should be sent at: email@example.com
– Extract from a published text (in Polish or English), no more than 2 pages in length.
– Optional: recommendation letter, letter of motivation
Requirements for the selected:
– Connection with any UNESCO City of Literature.
– At least one published book (fiction or non-fiction), a poetry collection, screenplay or theatre script by the applicant.
– Work on a literary project during the residency
– Upper-intermediate level of spoken English.
– Interest in the Central European region.
– Readiness to participate in the literary life of Krakow, including events, meetings promotional interviews and engagements, festivals, where applicable.
– Residents will be asked to write a text (work of fiction or non-fiction) that will feature the City of Krakow (min. 6 000 to max. 11 000 characters with spaces) in some fashion and will be used in the future, published collection for promotional purposes.
More information: http://literaryresidenciespoland.pl/en/aktualnosci/open-call-for-the-international-residency-program-for-writers-and-translators/
We will be happy to help from Granada UNESCO City of Literature to all the interested. Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org